Being a parent isn’t easy, especially when it’s only one of many roles we play in a day. When you start feeling frustrated, angry, uptight or stressed, try one of these stress relievers:
- Exercise or take a brisk walk.
- Call a friend – especially one who will make you laugh.
- Rock a baby or play with your pet.
- Write down what’s on your mind.
- Go for a drive.
- Listen to soft music to relax, or dance to something upbeat to work off tension.
- Go outside and enjoy the beauty around you.
- Take a coffee break
- Dig in the dirt – if you don’t have a garden, plant a flower pot.
- Talk out loud to yourself about the problem.
- Meet a friend for lunch.
- Starting with your feet, contract then relax each muscle group, moving up to your head.
- Clean something. (If you don’t have anything to clean, come to my house!)
- Smile, even if you don’t mean it.
- Write down 10 positive things in your life.
- Stand and reach as high as you can, then bend down and touch your toes. Shake your arms and repeat.
- Go window shopping.
- Close your eyes and picture peaceful scenes.
- Take slow, deep breaths in and out, in and out, in and out…
- Stuff your face into a pillow and scream it all out.
How do YOU deal with stress?
Photo Credit: Scream by Melissa O’Donahue on Flickr.